Colleyville is a city and suburb of Fort Worth located in northeast Tarrant County, Texas, United States. Located roughly 3.5 miles (5.6km) from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, the population was 22,807 at the 2010 census. Emerging from a number of small, rural settlements along the Cotton Belt Route, Colleyville was originally known as Bransford when Dr. Lilburn Howard Colley settled there in 1880. He was a prominent area physician and a veteran of the Union Army. In 1914 when Walter G. Couch opened a grocery store near Dr. Colley's home the community was renamed Colleyville in his honor. Colleyville is located at 32536N97857W / 32.88500N 97.14917W / 32.88500; -97.14917 (32.885062, -97.149233).